Saturday, February 7, 2009

Baby Doctor Visit

Update on Baby
Everything is going well.
I'm still nauseous, but what is new?
I gained 4 pounds in the last four weeks for a total of seven pounds since mid December.
We are now officially entering the second trimester. So, I'm going to start relaxing a bit more.
Dr. Tricia heard my heart murmur and felt it was a bit strong so, I went to the hospital for an Echo yesterday as well. I've always had a heart murmur, it just has been so slight that no one has raised an eyebrow at it before. Anyway, it turns out that I have two valves that are regurgitating. The tricuspid and mitral. I'm not sure what that means for now... I will find out later next week when the cardiologist returns the verdict. It may be that they are leaking so slightly that it really isn't a big deal. I'm just glad I didn't hear from Dr. Tricia yesterday evening or today. That would have meant problems.
Anyway, the websites I have read sent me into the dull drums last night, but as I just wrote... today's weather made it all 'go away'.
The most important thing is that all the baby's vitals are looking good. S/he is growing well as is my uterus (Dr. had a hard time finding the wee one as she was swimming so high... heehee).
Well, I think I have covered everything now... bye again,
Wendy

No comments: